Truly, Angels on Earth......

Angels on Earth
On Christmas night so long ago,
I joined two angels on Earth who would help me grow.

I don't know why I was sent to the best,
to help me get through this earthly test.

They provided way more than food, shelter, or clothes,
 They provide so much more than you'd ever suppose.

They taught me to read, tie my shoes, ride a bike,
More importantly they taught to love everyone alike.

They taught me to serve others as our Savoir does.
They taught by example, by word, and by love.

My number one fans they certainly are,
Supporting, encouraging, telling me I can go far.

They are perfect examples of true Christ-like love,
Their needs always last, others always above.

Not thinking twice with my life on the line,
Sacrificing anything possible, ensuring my health would be fine.

Rubbing my aching legs every night with immense love
Giving me Priesthood blessings providing extra support from above.

When I was hopeless, not wanting to live.
They were right there reminding me all I could give.

Never condemning me when I made many mistakes.
Only encouraging, reminding me my sins the Savior will take.

They were both there on the day I became a wife.
Supporting me through the biggest decision of my life.


One year, one week later they were there once again.
Escorting me as I was sealed to my best friend.

Just 3 days later they excitedly awaited the birth
 As our first precious angel made her way to earth.

They welcomed her with more love than we can measure.
Their first grand baby they claimed as their greatest treasure.

They were the examples to her just the same. 
As they were to her mother providing a spiritual frame.

Only nineteen months later again they shared in the joy.
As we welcomed our second angel, this time a boy.

Never missing a birthday, dance performance, or soccer game.
No matter the sacrifice, they always came. 

When my world began turning upside down.
They did all in their power to help me not drown.

They opened their home to my two little angels and I.
Without hesitation or a blink of an eye.

They once again not only provide for our physical needs.
They provide the support to help a now single mother succeed.

Sacrificing their car, food, and a peaceful home.
Doing anything possible to make their house feel like our own.

Often times when I just couldn't bare facing another day.
They would take over helping my little angels in every way.

So patient, tender, and so full of love.
These two angels are certainly sent from above.

 I have never felt more love nor more support have I had.
Then from these two angels I call mom and dad.

Comments

  1. Andrea, that is beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes. You are such an amazing example of true strength. You are like your parents, Christlike, and full of love and gratitude for the what is most important in life, no matter the trial. You are an incredible mother and daughter and person! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts