If only he could remember.........
His most recent mugshot will forever be burned into my brain. Every time I close my eyes I see it. I want my husband back. I want him back so badly it hurts. The hardest thing I have EVER had to do is come to terms that I may never get him back. And now after looking at his picture, it solidifies that I probably won't.
I laid awake looking at his picture most of the night last night. I just kept talking to it as if he was sitting there. "Why? Why J won't you get help? Why did I have to loose you? Don't you remember the amazing relationship we had? Don't you remember putting the kids in bed and going out in the backyard to look at the stars? Don't you remember watching Everybody Loves Raymond episodes over and over, and still laughing our heads off? Don't you remember going to the temple and doing sealings together, reminding us of our sacred covenants we made to one another? Don't you remember our long Sunday drives to the mountains? Don't you remember going on walks as a family stopping every few feet with our precious kiddos to look at all the beautiful creations our Heavenly Father gave to us? Don't you remember always carrying me into bed when I would fall asleep watching T.V. with you? Don't you remember our long talks about how we could never get through life without each other? Don't you remember the joy we shared together as we watched Addie dance, or Koley play T-ball? Don't you remember the feelings you had when Addie would wrap her arms around your neck and tell you how much she loves you? Or when Koley would giggle till he could barely breathe when you would tickle him and wrestle with him? Don't you remember the feelings of joy they bring that you cannot possibly get from ANYWHERE else? Don't you remember the feelings you had as you served the Lord faithfully for two years sharing His gospel and bringing so much happiness into other people's lives? Or feeling the spirit so strongly when we had the opportunity to sit 10 feet away from a Prophet of God? Don't you remember we were made for each other? There are no two people on earth that were more perfect for each other than us. Please remember J. Please.

Comments
Post a Comment