The Reality of Drug Abuse.
This semester in school, I have to take a class called healthy lifestyles. It is a class where we learn to integrate different health topics into our classroom. One of the assignments that is required of us this semester is to do a presentation on one of these health topics; nutrition, physical fitness, depression, personal hygiene, drug prevention, etc. At the beginning of the semester my professor told us that there would be two people presenting each topic. She had a clipboard with each topic on it and two lines next to the topic for us to sign up. I sit on the far left side of the classroom. She started the clipboard to be sent around on the opposite side. By the time it came to me there was only two left, risk management and benefits, and drug prevention. There were two empty spots for the risk management, and another sweet girl in my cohort whom I just love had signed up for one spot on drug prevention. My two cute friends that sit by me, I knew would want to be together, so without even thinking really about the topic, I signed up for the other spot under drug prevention. That was clear back in January when the semester started and my presentation wasn't until today. So I didn't really think about it again until it got closer these last few weeks. Then I kept thinking, "What did I do?" I couldn't even hold back the tears as I researched and started making a power point with the facts about drug abuse, how was I going to stand in front of my cohort of 28 people and my professor and do this without looking like a blubbering idiot? As I thought about it, I decided to pray and ask Heavenly Father to guide me in the direction I should go with it, and how and what I should say. I started to make this movie/slideshow about drug abuse. As I was adding pictures, facts, and different characteristics, I felt as though I should personalize it a bit. I didn't want to portray Kevin in a negative light in any way, so I prayed about it again. It all just started coming together. I just started adding pictures and thoughts. As it got closer to today, I began to have major anxiety about presenting this. I got through it. I did still look like a blubbering idiot (I am in no way a pretty crier), and broke down. But I felt so strongly about it and I knew I had some added strength from my Heavenly Father.

Comments
Post a Comment