
It is amazing to me how wrapped up I can get in my own trials and
problems when there are people going through a million times harder
things than I. Each day is new. You never know what tomorrow, or even
the next hour can hold. As I know of some very special people that have
gone back home to live with our Heavenly Father again this week, it has
really made me stop and reflect the most important things. I have held
my kids closer. Told them I love them at least twenty more times a day. I
have put things that can wait aside so that I can spend time with them.
I haven't worried so much about the shallow, vain, worldly things that
usually plague my thoughts like how horrible I look, not being able to
buy school clothes for the kids, worrying what the world thinks of me,
trying to figure out why people that I used to call family me treat me
like I'm not worth their time. Those things were not important the last
few days like they usually are. Of course I want to feel like I fit in,
to be loved, to be accepted wherever I go, but the place that I am
loved, accepted, and fit in perfectly at all times, that is what is most
important. I am loved and accepted by the people that truly matter, my
family, close friends, and most importantly my kids. Suddenly everything
else doesn't matter so much. Not only do I have amazing people in my
life that I know are there, but I have the gospel. Knowing that we are
here on this earth for only a short time, a time where we are able to
prove ourselves and our love and devotion to our loving, self-less
Heavenly Father. I wish I could keep this mentality at all times and not
let the worldly views and standards creep back into my thought process.
It is hard when we are bombarded every single day by messages from the
world getting ingrained in our brains that looks, power, money, material
items, and athletic ability are the things that matter most. And if you
aren't living up to those standards, then you're a failure. I hate that
we have to experience death of loved ones, or other horrible trials,
but it sure puts back into perspective the things that really do matter
most. Heavenly Father has a plan for every single one of us. We need to
always remember to "Be still and know that [He] is God."
Doctrine and Covenants 101:16.
He knows what we need, what we can handle, and what is going to be best
for us. We need to put our faith in Him, and always tell ourselves that
He knows, He is mindful, He is always there, and THAT is what matters
most.
Comments
Post a Comment