Who am I?
The past few months, I have been trying to find out the answer to a question I once knew... Who am I? Of course I know I'm a daughter, a sister, an aunt, a teacher, and most importantly, a mother. But the answer I have been seeking, isn't what is my title? But rather, who is Andrea Hadley? What is my purpose exactly? What exactly was I foreordained to do on the earth? Am I even close to living up to the expectations and potential I was sent here with?
Saying life can be difficult is a HUGE understatement. Life can be so unbearable at times that you (or at least I know I have felt) feel you can't possibly go on for one more minute. Unfortunately, I have let the trials and difficulties in my life kind of take over making me lose focus of who I really am at times. With that said, I get so caught up in what I don't have and the difficulties life brings, I lose focus of what I do have (embarrassing as it is to admit) and my potential in what I have to offer the world. Life is a roller coaster and I have prayed for solace and peace to take over. It seems as though it lasted a good six months this past year, then it came, another thing to shake that peace I so desperately yearn for. I have been feeling sorry for myself, having a poor me attitude. I've been wondering why? Why after finally feeling peaceful and happy do I have to go through yet another trial that has been near unbearable to wrap my head around and keep going? So that is who I've become. I portray myself as someone that is sad, mopey, and negative. Is that really who I am? Is that really who I was sent here to be? NO! I know for a fact not one of us was sent to the earth to be someone that is unhappy and so focused on our problems/trials that we aren't doing our part in bringing forth the work of God and building His kingdom on the earth. Ok, so this leads me back to the main question...who is Andrea Hadley? What is my individual purpose? As I turned to the scriptures, conference talks, and the Lord through much prayer, I discovered something that I have actually known all along, but so easily have forgotten. I am simply, yet profoundly, a daughter of God. I am someone that has more potential than I can possibly even imagine. I am someone that has the ability to bring forth the work of the Lord with steadfastness. I am not only a mom, but was given the opportunity to be entrusted with such an honor and privilege in raising two precious spirits. Elder Dean R. Burgess of the Quorum of the Seventy said this, "Knowing who you are makes you spiritually strong, sound, and steadfast... You become confident with faith and determination to make right decisions. You have courage to stand up for what you know is right."
Simply knowing that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father, is definitive of not only who I am, but Whose I am. My trials, my fears, my shortcomings, my mistakes, the amount of money in my bank account, the car I drive, the house I live in, the marital status I hold, etc., not one of those things define who I really am. Not one. Those things don't define any one of us!! We are ALL children of a Loving Heavenly Father who were sent here to become far more than we can probably even imagine. With that in mind, we can do anything, go through anything, and be able to come out on top.
Saying life can be difficult is a HUGE understatement. Life can be so unbearable at times that you (or at least I know I have felt) feel you can't possibly go on for one more minute. Unfortunately, I have let the trials and difficulties in my life kind of take over making me lose focus of who I really am at times. With that said, I get so caught up in what I don't have and the difficulties life brings, I lose focus of what I do have (embarrassing as it is to admit) and my potential in what I have to offer the world. Life is a roller coaster and I have prayed for solace and peace to take over. It seems as though it lasted a good six months this past year, then it came, another thing to shake that peace I so desperately yearn for. I have been feeling sorry for myself, having a poor me attitude. I've been wondering why? Why after finally feeling peaceful and happy do I have to go through yet another trial that has been near unbearable to wrap my head around and keep going? So that is who I've become. I portray myself as someone that is sad, mopey, and negative. Is that really who I am? Is that really who I was sent here to be? NO! I know for a fact not one of us was sent to the earth to be someone that is unhappy and so focused on our problems/trials that we aren't doing our part in bringing forth the work of God and building His kingdom on the earth. Ok, so this leads me back to the main question...who is Andrea Hadley? What is my individual purpose? As I turned to the scriptures, conference talks, and the Lord through much prayer, I discovered something that I have actually known all along, but so easily have forgotten. I am simply, yet profoundly, a daughter of God. I am someone that has more potential than I can possibly even imagine. I am someone that has the ability to bring forth the work of the Lord with steadfastness. I am not only a mom, but was given the opportunity to be entrusted with such an honor and privilege in raising two precious spirits. Elder Dean R. Burgess of the Quorum of the Seventy said this, "Knowing who you are makes you spiritually strong, sound, and steadfast... You become confident with faith and determination to make right decisions. You have courage to stand up for what you know is right."
Simply knowing that I am a daughter of my Heavenly Father, is definitive of not only who I am, but Whose I am. My trials, my fears, my shortcomings, my mistakes, the amount of money in my bank account, the car I drive, the house I live in, the marital status I hold, etc., not one of those things define who I really am. Not one. Those things don't define any one of us!! We are ALL children of a Loving Heavenly Father who were sent here to become far more than we can probably even imagine. With that in mind, we can do anything, go through anything, and be able to come out on top.

Comments
Post a Comment