Personal Peace and Comfort.
Sometimes I worry that I come off as if I try to portray myself in a way where I seem like I do everything darn near perfect or that I am too "preachy". It literally has caused me from sharing what I feel in my heart oft times because I fear man more than God. I hope I NEVER portray myself in the light I just mentioned because more than anything, I only am trying to remind myself on a consistent basis what is most important, where I need to keep my focus, and that the things that most often cause me to worry are trivial and unimportant when I consider the big picture.
I have recently reflected on the person I was even just a few years ago, as opposed to who I am now. Sadly, I am nowhere NEAR where I want to be and need to be still, but it just is amazing to me how far I've come in so many aspects. I'm not the strongest person, but when it comes to who I should only be comparing myself to (which is who I was) I am strong. I am so grateful for the adversity I've come across in my life because I would NEVER be where I am right now if I didn't have to go through any of the trials I've experienced. NEVER would I have chosen to have the trials I've had, I went through them because I had no other choice. That is why, I'm sure we don't get to dictate exactly what happens in our lives. Otherwise, we'd all just live in a "perfect world", but where would our growing happen? How would we be able to feel pure, true joy and happiness? How could we become who we were sent here to be? How could we appreciate anything? We wouldn't!!! That is why the Fall took place in the Garden of Eden. We knew we were going to have heartache, pain, and despair. Not only do we have to experience these things, we NEED to! I am living PROOF of this. I can testify with every ounce of my heart that although trials and heartache are TERRIBLE when you're in the midst of it and it seems time nearly stops when a trial is upon you. I can promise that any trial you conquer, and this is going to sound completely cliche, you are truly only going to be that much stronger. More and more they will refine, strengthen, and make you closer to becoming the person you were sent here to be. What an awesome, peaceful, and hopeful bit of knowledge.


Comments
Post a Comment