Healing...

On this blog, I originally had over 100 posts continuing my story in detail about what it was like through the divorce and a little bit about what it was like after. My story is ongoing, as are all of our stories. Life is consistently full of challenges, surprises, good times, lessons, mistakes, celebrations, successes, and pain. We can plan it out to an exact T how we want it to be, and 99 out of 100 times it doesn't go exactly how we planned it. Sitting here today, 41 years old, divorced for 8 years, have a daughter that is married, a son that just graduated, single, and have gone through the many different life experiences I have, I would have NEVER in my wildest dreams imagined this is what my life would be like. And, truthfully, I wouldn't change it.

I keep feeling prompted to write "my story" to tell what I have learned through so many experiences of trauma, pain (a lot of it even being self inflicted), single-parenthood, loneliness, etc. I have learned so much, have so much to still learn, and a lot of work to continually do to be the person I know I was sent here to be and who I know I want to be. I am not one of those amazing life coaches that have really navigated their trauma and are on the upside of things now coaching others, I am still in the middle of my healing. I still have triggers, anxiety, and am learning how to be more healthy minded. But as I do so, I want to get out there what I have learned, what I am learning, and write about what I still need to learn that maybe I am not even aware of at this very moment. 

This is more for myself and my own path to healing, but I know that I have been so grateful for others who have shared their stories as well and I have drawn so much strength and peace knowing I am not alone in these experiences. I have learned so much from others, so if anything, I hope if even through my mistakes, someone can take something from this and feel some hope and peace as well.

Comments

Popular Posts